The town of Estes Park is home to 5,858 people (with an additional 4,375 in unincorporated Estes Valley) according to the 2010 census. The population booms in summer when visitors flock to the esteemed Rocky Mountain National Park. An estimated 3 million visit the park each year.
Estes Park is located at the Eastern entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park at an elevation of 7,522 feet on the front range of the Rocky Mountains. It is well known for it’s year round beauty and you will find many adventuresome “outdoorsy” people as well as young families and retirees looking for a place for relaxation and recreation.
I’ve compiled several resources for new residents below.
- To start, I recommend you view the video “Estes Park, a Great Place to Visit, A Great Place to Live” here: http://www.estesnet.com/pressreleases/epvideo/
- The Estes Park Convention and Visitor’s Bureau site offers a wealth of information including an event calendar, a visitor’s guide, business directory and more: http://www.estesparkcvb.com/index.cfm
- Our official town website is http://www.estes.org/. Here you will find links to our local government, business resources, zoning, community resources and more.
- Thinking about retiring in Estes Park? Check out our wonderful senior center which serves up recreation opportunities and well as a healthy mid-day meal every day! http://estesnet.com/seniorcenter/
- For current news, visit our local newspaper websites: http://www.estesparknews.com/ and http://www.eptrail.com/
Trivial Fact! “Estes” refers to one of the earliest settlers, Joel Estes, a Kentucky born gold miner who moved his family to the area and lived here with his wife and 13 children from 1860 to 1866. “Park” actually refers to the geologic description of a glacially cut level valley between mountain ranges, though most visitors believe it to be a nature park in the typical sense of the word!
If you have more questions, contact me. I am happy to share more information that may help make your transition a smooth one.
Office: 970.586.3333 ext. 204
Your real estate expert in the Larimer and Boulder County communities of: Estes Park, Allenspark, Glen Haven, Drake, Pinewood Springs and Big Elk Meadows, Colorado.